Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Does this count towards maths and biology?


This isn't something I'd blog about a regular basis, honest, but I just had to share this with you all! I suffer big time when a mossi decides to dine on my legs, but this one has got to be the biggest mosquito bite I've ever had. At first glance the photo doesn't give much evidence, but if you look closer (not too close - don't want to put you off your lunch/dinner!) the bite is the slightly dark bit in the middle and the reaction has just spread outwards towards the white outer ring! Should I let the kids use this for their education! Nope, don't think so, 'cause taking the antihistamines is knocking me out. The kids are having a ball today playing on their computers while I just want to sleep (so why am I trying to keep awake by blogging?!). Anyway, for my own maths tution the bite is a total of 29cm long and approximately 23 cm wide. Ouch! Sleeping now!

2 Comments:

At 9:18 pm, Blogger Nikki said...

OMG!! You poor thing! A couple of years ago I had several bites on my ankle that made it very swollen and tight but nothing like that! Hope it starts to die down soon. I found smearing a paste of bircarbonate of soda on it helped a little, albeit very messy!

 
At 5:58 pm, Blogger Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Yep, I usually get them on my ankles too, it's so uncomfortable isn't it!? Will try your b-of-soda idea, although it's quite a bit better today. Elle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home