Monday, January 08, 2007

I've been tagged - 6 weird things about me (!)

I've been tagged by Merry:

Each player of this game starts with the "six weird things about you" blog post. People who get tagged need to write their own six weird things post and state the rules clearly. At the end of the post tag six more people and don’t forget to leave a comment on their blog to tell them they have been tagged and tell them to read your blog.

1) I have a wart on the left side of my nose which suddenly appeared in my late teens. It used to annoy me when I was younger but now I've accepted it and just tell everyone "I must be a witch"!

2) I learnt to drive (and passed first go) when I was 19 but once I'd received my driving licence I had no intention of driving - it was just something I felt I had to do! I had a go at driving P's little Citreon Visa soon after passing, but the car was in such a state engine-wise, coming to a shuddering halt in the most awkward places (like up a steep ramp to Tesco's close to home), that my confidence was really knocked. It wasn't really until I moved to our recent home, 3 years ago, that I started driving on a regular basis (and this was only because the bus service to/from school and work was so bad and very expensive). Now I couldn't live without the convenience of a car!

3) When P and I first moved to this city we literally had 2p in our purses after paying all the monthly bills and as I soon fell pregnant it didn't seem the right time to go out and find a job for myself. I wanted to do something to help the finances so I became an Avon rep and stayed with Avon for a good 8 years, until we moved to our present home. The amounts of commission I'd pull in really helped boost our money and I loved their products so much it made it much easier to sell. As the kids got older they weren't too keen on trudging round peoples houses after 5pm, but they loved getting pocket money and sweets from customers at Christmas and I'm sure it helped K learn numbers by reading all the door numbers along the street!

4) I have a weird little habit of making up songs/poems/ditties about things/people/animals! The mood has to be right, of course, a certain song on the radio or a silly situation will spark me off! Kids and P think I a bit loopy, but I get a feeling of satisfaction when a short poem flows well (and if it makes sense that's an added bonus)!

5) Another strange thing I like to do, and can remember doing this way back into childhood, is to make percussion noises to songs, the kind of rapping/base drum noises that rappers make instead of using actual instruments. Enough said about that I think!

6) Can't think of anything else really, but I guess in some circles people would say I was weird to home educate my children, but to me (and hopefully them), it's been one of the best things, so far, that I've ever done.

I'm tagging (apologies if you've already been tagged!):

Islamic Homeschool
Five HomeEd in Kent
Classroom Free
Quietly Making Noise
Happily Home Edding
Dottyspots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home