Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Fit to burst ...

Fit to burst ... oops ... we've burst!

That's how it feels here tonight! This week has been chaos. Today has been even more chaos! I need so many more hours in the day. At the moment it seems we are in and out of the car/shops/ post offices/more shops/cat sitter's house/clubs, etc., etc. We haven't stopped today and I'm feeling sorry for the kids (and myself). We got home for tea and began to chill alittle, K started to finish off one of her presents, B started to do some quiet drawing, when my hubby rang at about 7 ish (he'd been out for a quick drink after work with a mate) to say Elsie Mo wouldn't start (she needs jump-starting in the morning for her trip to P's work, so far she's been fine for her homeward trip, but not tonight), would I come over and jump start her. The looks of anger and deep sighs from the kids said it all. We were all tired and this was the last straw. At bed time the stroppiness exploded along with the tears!

Tomorrow's going to be just as chaotic, but next week my diary is more-or-less empty. Can't wait for that quality time around the kitchen table doing stuff together or snuggling up on the sofa (reading our new book, Letters from Father Christmas) with my children.

I feel calmer now - blogging has that effect on me - guess I've dumped all the stress on here now! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 9:47 pm, Blogger Nikki said...

Ahh, one of THOSE days. The tired...something happens....last straw...tears at bedtime thing is very familiar :-/

Hoping that your next chaotic day is for nice reasons not nasty ones!

 
At 7:50 pm, Blogger Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Thanks Nikki. Thursday was much more bareable thanks to me having to drive P into work early, we managed to get alot of the chores done straight after this, have a break, then finish off the rest after lunch. All done now anyway, looking forward to Christmas with my feet up (well sort of)!! Elle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home