Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snow!

I woke up at 6 this morning and my face was really cold. Laid in bed wondering when (and if) the boiler would kick in (the boiler is still not 100% - she'll be well on the mend beginning of December when our "man" starts to get her sorted). Fell asleep until 8.30 (the boiler did kick in) and peeped outside to see snow! Yeeeesss! When will I grow out of the excitement of snow?
Photobucket
Chucking snowballs at me!

I always have to tell people about the snow years ago when I was doing my Art O Level (resit). How exciting the evening had been hearing on the news that we were to get snow and constantly peeking out of my bedroom window wishing the white stuff would fall. I guess I eventually fell asleep and woke up to that strange white glow that always confirms that snow in on the ground. Not just a little covering, but heaps of it. Roads were blocked for days, and milk/bread was delivered to the ends of roads for people to collect. I remember having to walk (a fair way) to school to sit my exam with the heating now working properly (me and one other, plus the teacher were the only people in school that day for the 6 hour exam). Luckily I passed with a B (two previous attempts a D), no doubt they took sympathy on me!

Anyway, moving away from my memories. Snow had fallen on frozen ground, so there were some pretty patterns around, like on the Landrover window.
Photobucket
The string used to tie up Billy the rabbit's waterproof sheeting was completely frozen solid, as was the water trough for the chickens. All very pretty though - lots of snowball throwing and obligatory snowman complete with coal eyes and carrot nose!
Photobucket

We still have some snow left around the place, but it keeps throwing down rain now and again. Unfortunately melting snow on rooftops identified another leak in our conservatory. We had bowls and towels in three places around the house today - not good ah?
Little snowman

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:51 pm, Blogger stefndawniy said...

wow a real snow man in november :)
we've only had a dusting here.

 
At 11:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! You didn't tell me you had snow. We did not have any except a few falling flakes mixed in with the rain :o(

 
At 2:49 pm, Blogger Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Yep, we had a fall of snow again yesterday and this morning (although it didn't settle). Had been v. cold here and v. icy too.

Elle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home