Thursday, June 07, 2007

I've been tagged

Thanks for the tag, here's the rules:

The rules are simpleā€¦. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog

and off I go ....

1) I'm an Avon lady. I've just returned to selling Avon to try and bring in any spare dosh to help pay for a much needed new bathroom. I started selling Avon when I moved from London to Cambridgeshire (again to bring in much needed cash) and continued to sell it and make lots of lovely door-to-door friends for a good 7 years before starting work at a playgroup. Only downside to Avon - all the "ding dong, Avon calling" jokes from friends, family and customers.

2) I've always wanted to be on the stage and loved performing in the variety shows put on by my dancing school. I learnt ballet (from 7), tap and modern dancing (from 9) right through to about 17 I think but always wondered what a life on the "real" stage would have been like. To compensate I often sing loudly to songs (with whatever microphone tool I can find) and try dancing around the living room only to realise that I'm really very unfit now and cannot do more than 30 seconds of fast jigging without having to sit down with a cuppa and choccie bar!

3) Habit - I play alot with my ears when I'm tired. This is a habit that I've always had for as long as I can remember. It's a real comfort. Another habit that I've suddenly started to do is to kind of pinch my bottom lips together with my fingers and make stupid noises. This usually occurs when I'm reading or concentrating, although I noticed I was doing the other day when talking to the builder - not good - got to nip that one in the bud.

This is getting hard (think, think).

4) When I met P, my hubby, for the first time (at work) I knew I would one day marry him, even though at the time we weren't even dating. Sweet ah? Apparently he didn't share the same thoughts, he thought I was too young for him (5 year difference) as he'd always gone for older women - don't ask!

5) I seem to be a bit telepathic, usually with phone calls. It's quite scary actually as I suddenly think of someone I haven't heard from in a while, or something terrible springs into my mind that could be happening to someone and 9 times out of 10 I get a phone call from that person or a message about something that's happened. Hate it. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but when it does it gives me the creeps.

6) People say I'm a very organised person. Although I don't think I'm very organised in my own personal life I think I'm quite good at organising other things/events. I hate letting people down, so I put myself out to make sure things go well. P says I'm too organised and I worry too much what other people think.

7) I have a mental block when remembering the skill of reading music. I first learnt to read music when I was at junior school (to play the awful recorder - sorry, but to this day I hate the sound of a treble recorder), and according to my school reports was a talented musician (yeh right). In my late teens I taught myself the guitar and had to re-learn how to read music. I've been given a new guitar for my birthday, and I'm helping Ben learn the piano, but once again, cannot remember the skill of music reading. Maybe now I'm getting on a bit it'll sink in and stay put this time.

Finally (this was harder than I thought)

8) Unlike the person who tagged me, I hate Marmite - absolutely, no question about it, hate it. The smell reminds me of something unprintable (that'll get you thinking) and I can't stand getting even a tiny bit of the stuff on my fingers when clearing up marmite covered knives/plates/dropped toast/bread, etc.

Tags:

Nikki (Happily HE)
Tammy (Quietly Making)
Sarah (Sellers)
Caroline (Wellyboots)
Nikki (Dottyspots)
We Hate Workbooks
Jules (Classroom)
Rosie (Knitting)

Apologies if any of you have already been tagged by others.

Elle
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 Comments:

At 10:37 pm, Blogger dottyspots said...

I've duly responded :)

I think the basket idea is great!

 
At 9:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

You don't like MARMITE?? *Offended* :P

 
At 1:49 pm, Blogger dottyspots said...

Horrible stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home